What do the letters used to describe Portable Cord mean?
- S = 600 Volt Service Cord
- J = Junior Service - 300 Volt
- T = Thermoplastic
- E = Elastomer - thermoplastic that looks and feels like rubber
- O = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket
- OO = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket and Oil Resistant Insulation
- W = CSA Weather and Water Resistant (approved for indoor and outdoor use)
Watch our video on Portable Cord letters and what they mean!
For what applications would I use Portable Cord?
Portable Cord is great for applications that require flexibility. Portable cord also performs well in extreme environments - both the heat and the cold. Finally, portable cord is also great for jobsites where resistance to oil, chemicals and abrasion is mandatory.
When did SPT-2 replace SPT-1 power supply cords on portable lamps?
SPT-2 replaced SPT-1 in January 1999.
Click here to browse the Portable Cord section of our online catalog
Industry Related Links