SIS Wire and SIS Cable
Chemically Cross-Linked Polyethylene
UL Listed Type SIS, CSA Type SIS 90°C, 600V
SWITCHBOARD WIRE - SIS Wire
What is SIS Wire?
SIS Wire is UL rated hook-up wire featuring XLPE insulation and a coated or bare copper conductor. Read more about SIS Wire in our blog post
SIS Wire and SIS Cable Description:
- Conductor: Soft annealed solid or stranded tinned copper, color coded
- Insulation: Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XLPE)
SIS Wire and SIS Cable Applications:
- SIS wire and SIS cable is suitable for use in 90°C dry locations.
- SIS wire and SIS cable may be used for wiring of switchboards, panelboards, distribution boards.
SIS Wire and SIS Cable Characteristics:
- Temperature Rating: 90°C
- Voltage Rating: 600 volts
- IEEE 383 Flame tested material available in many sizes
- CSA Type SIS 14 AWG and larger
- VW-1 Rating available, CSA Type SIS Lead Wire 14AWG and larger
- *When ordering online or submitting a RFQ, please specify if VW-1 Rating is required
**Not sure what the VW-1 Rating is or if you need it? Read the short informational article, Allied Encyclopedia: Flame Tests.
Customization Services for SIS Wire include: