What is RG158 Triax Cable?
RG158 triax cable is designed to comply with the military’s MIL-C-17 specifications for triax cable. Its tinned copper conductor is rated for a maximum operating voltage of 15,000 volts. Unlike most coax cable, RG158 triax cable features three shields that allow for extra resistance to electrical interference. This includes two tinned copper shields and one galvanized steel shield. RG158 triax cable can also withstand abrasion and temperatures ranging from -40°C to 80°C due to its non-contaminating Type IIA PVC jacket. This cable is safe for direct burial and various other applications that require resistance to physical damage.
RG 158$0.00 /
- Approx LBS/MFT: 0
- Cond. Material: Tinned Copper
- Conductor Stranding: 37/.0284
RG158 Triax Cable Approvals:
- Military Specification: MIL-C-17
RG158 Triax Cable Applications:
- RG158 is a Triaxial Pulse Cable that can be used in direct burial applications.
RG158 Triax Cable Construction:
- Conductor: Tinned Copper
- Dielectric: Solid Low Density Polyethylene & Conductive Polyethylene(Type A-5 per MIL-C-17)
- Shielding: 3: Tinned Copper, Galvanized Steel, Tinned Copper Shield
- Jacket: PVC (Non-Contaminating)Type IIA per MIL-C-17
RG158 Triax Cable Ratings:
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +80°C
- Max Operating Voltage (vms): 15,000