What is RG178 Coax Cable?
RG178 coax cable, also known as RG178B U Cable, is part of Allied’s High Temperature Coax Cable line. This cable features stranded silver covered copper clad steel, a solid polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) dielectric, Silver Covered Copper Braid outer shield and a Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) Type IX per MIL-C-17 jacket. RG178 is also rated to M17/93-RG178 Mil-Spec coax cable.
- RG178 Specs and Construction
- Frequency and Attenuation Chart
- Electrical Specifications and Approvals
- Spotlight on RG178 Video
- Coax Cable Applications
RG 178 BU$0.00 / 50 FT
- Approx LBS/MFT: 9.00
- Cond. Material: Silver-Coated Copper Clad Steel
- Conductor Stranding: 7/.0040
RG178 Specs and Construction:
- Conductor Stranding: 7/.004"
- Inner Conductor: Stranded Silver Covered Copper Clad Steel
- Conductor Diameter: 0.0120"
- Dielectric: Solid Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Dielectric Diameter: 0.033"
- Outer Conductor: Silver Covered Copper Braid
- Shield Diameter: 0.051"
- Jacket: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) Type IX per MIL-C-17
- Jacket Diameter: 0.071"
- Bend Radius: 0.4"
Frequency and Attenuation Chart:
|Frequency (MHz & GHz)||Attenuation (dB/100 ft)|
|100 MHz||14.7 / 16.0|
|400 MHz||30.2 / 33.0|
|1 GHz||48.9 / 52.0|
|2.4 GHz||78.7 / 83.3|
Electrical Specifications and Approvals:
- Impedance (ohms): 50 +/-2
- Capacitance (pF/ft): 29.4
- Max Voltage: 1000
- Mil-Spec Equivalent: M17/93-RG178 Cable
RG178 Coax Cable Applications:
Common applications for RG178 cable include radio frequency communications, data transmission and miniature coax. More specifically, RG-178 may be used in GPS systems, PDAs, security equipment, hands-free voice-controlled devices, mobile phones, broadcast equipment, remote controls, and more. This type of coax cable is approved for direct burial applications. RG178 coax cable is also suitable for high-temperature applications.
Trying to decide which coax cable is best for your application? Read our Product Knockout Blog Post on RG178 vs RG316
Per specification, RG178 coax cable will have splices. If continuous lengths are needed, please ask.