What is RG225 Coax Cable?
RG225 coax is a 50 ohm, flexible, radio frequency coaxial cable used in direct burial applications. The cable’s construction starts with an inner conductor insulated with a cable core and topped with an outer conductor that has both an inner and outer braid. This coax cable is then topped with a vapor barrier and fiberglass braid jacket. In addition, the RG225 cable is rated to MIL-DTL-17 specifications.
RG 225 U$0.00 / 100 FT
- Approx LBS/MFT: 180.00
- Cond. Material: Silver Covered Copper
- Conductor Stranding: 7/.0312
RG 225 Coaxial Cable Construction and Specifications:
- Conductor: Silver Covered Copper
- Conductor Stranding: 7/0.0312
- Cable Core: Type F-1
- Cable Core diameter: 0.285 in. ± 0.005 in.
- Outer conductor: 34 AWG silver-covered copper wire, double braid
- Overall diameter: 0.360 in.
- Inner Braid: 24 carriers, 6 ends, 16.6±10% Picks/inch
- Outer Braid: 24 carriers, 7 ends, 15.4 ± 10% Picks/inch
- Vapor barrier: Two wraps of .005 inch ± .001 by 1-inch polytetrafluoroethylene tape, approx. lay of 24 turns per foot and a 50 percent overlap over the outer conducting braid.
- Jacket: Type V double braid per MIL-C-17
- Jacket diameter: 0.430 in.
- Min Temperature: -55°C
- Max Temperature: 200°C
- Max Operating Voltage (vms): 5,000
Electrical Specifications and Engineering Information:
- Continuous working voltage: 3,700 V rms, maximum
- Velocity of propagation: 69.0 percent, nominal
- Characteristic impedance: 50 ± 2 ohms
- Attenuation: 5 dB per 100 feet maximum at 400 MHz
- Capacitance: 32.4 pF per foot, maximum
- Inner conductor properties -
- DC resistance (maximum at 20°C): 0.173 ohm per 100 feet, maximum.
- Elongation: 25 percent, minimum
- Military Specification: MIL-C-17
- Mil-Spec Equivalent Use: M17/86-00001