LMR 240 Coax Cable
Flexible Low Loss Communications Coaxial Cable
LMR 240 Coax Applications:
- LMR 240 coax cable uses standard connectors (view LMR 240 connectors here).
- LMR 240 coax is ideal for jumper assemblies found in wireless communications systems.
- Recommended for use in short antenna feeder runs (ex. WLL, GPS, LMR, Mobile Antennas)
- LMR 240 coax can be used in any application requiring easily-routed, low-loss RF cable, such as WLL, GPS, LMR, WLAN, WISP, WiMax, SCADA and Mobile Antennas.
- As indicated in LMR 240 specs, these coaxial cables are specifically designed for watertight, indoor/outdoor, riser (CMR rated parts) and mobile antenna applications.
- LMR-240-FR is approved for use in mining operations per MSHA-P standards.
- See individual LMR 240 specs for more information.
LMR 240 Specs & Construction:
- Inner Conductor: Solid Bare Copper
- Dielectric: Foam Polyethylene (FPE)
- Outer Conductor: Aluminum Tape
- Outer Braid: Tinned Copper
- Jacket: Specified per part, see chart below
LMR 240 Specs & Ratings:
- Installation: -40°C to 85°C
- Storage: -70°C to 85°C
- Operating: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage Rating: 1500 volts
- UL/NEC Type CMR (LMR-240-FR and LMR-240-FR-PVC only)
- CSA FT4 (LMR-240-FR and LMR-240-FR-PVC only)
LMR 240 Coax Features & Benefits:
- Flexibility & Bending: LMR 240 coax cable is manufactured with a flexible outer conductor, allowing for the tightest bend radius of any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss: Lowest loss of any flexible cable; comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables
- RF Shielding: 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB) - multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor rated conservatively at 90 dB
- Weatherability: LMR 240 coax is designed for outdoor exposure and is UV resistant. LMR 240 is built to be long-lasting and offers a life expectancy of over 20 years.
See chart below and individual LMR 240 specs for full details.