LMR 400 Coax Cable
Flexible Low Loss Coaxial Cable
LMR 400 Specs
LMR 400 Coax Applications:
- LMR 400 coax cable uses standard connectors (view LMR 400 connectors here).
- LMR 400 coax is designed for jumper assemblies in wireless communications systems or as a drop-in replacement for RG8/9913 air-dielectric type cable.
- These coax cables can be found in short antenna feeder runs.
- LMR 400 coax is suitable for applications that require easily-routed, low loss RF cable (ex. WLL, GPS, LMR, WLAN, WISP, WiMax, SCADA, Mobile Antennas).
- LMR-400-FR carries a MSHA-P rating for mining operations.
- Depending on your type of application, LMR 400 coax cables are available for outdoor, outdoor/watertight, indoor-riser (CMR rated cables) or indoor/outdoor use.
- Click on the part links below for individual LMR 400 specs and more information.
LMR 400 Specs & Construction:
- Inner Conductor: Solid Bare Copper Coated Aluminum
- Dielectric: Foam Polyethylene (FPE)
- Outer Conductor: Aluminum Tape
- Outer Braid: Tinned Copper
- Jacket: Specified per part, see chart below
LMR 400 Specs & Ratings:
- Installation: -40°C to 85°C
- Storage: -70°C to 85°C
- Operating: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage Rating: 2500 volts
- UL/NEC Type CMR (LMR-400-FR and LMR-400-FR-PVC only)
- CSA FT4 (LMR-400-FR and LMR-400-FR-PVC only)
LMR 400 Coax Features & Benefits:
- Flexibility & Bending: LMR 400 coax is designed with a flexible outer conductor, enabling the tightest bend radius of any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss: LMR 400 coax features the lowest loss of any flexible cable, comparable to the loss of semirigid hard-line cables.
- RF Shielding: 50 dB greater than a typical single shielded coax (40 dB) - multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor rated conservatively at 90 dB
- Weatherability: LMR 400 coax is approved for outdoor exposure and is UV resistant. These cables offer a life expectancy of over 20 years.
See chart below and individual LMR 400 specs for full details.