What is RG58?
Our RG58 Coaxial Cable is ideal for use in CATV and MATV applications. RG58 Coax features a bare copper center conductor, solid low-density polyethylene dielectric, and a black PVC jacket. It also has an overall tinned copper braid shield that helps protect the cable from physical damage. This 53.5-ohm coaxial cable meets the military MIL-C-17 specification, as well as UL AWM 1354 and UL CL2 standards. The Mil-spec version of this coax cable features an M17/183-00001 LS/LT Jacket Type IIA per M17/28-RG58. RG58 cable is ideal for high-frequency signal transmission. It is also suitable for use in antennas and broadcasting equipment.
RG 58$0.00 / 50 FT
- Approx LBS/MFT: 36.00
- Cond. Material: Bare Copper
- Dielectric (in): 0.116
Allied Wire and Cable offers a full catalog of RG cables, including popular RG58A/U and RG11 coaxial cables. We also have a large selection of Mil-Spec and low-loss coaxial cables available for purchase. You can learn more about Coaxial Cables and RG Numbers through Allied University on our website. Otherwise, view full RG58 Coaxial Cable Specifications below. Still have questions? Contact us today!
RG58 Coax Cable Construction:
- Conductor: Bare Copper
- Diameter: 0.031 in.
- Dielectric: Solid Low-Density Polyethylene
- Diameter: 0.114 in.
- Shielding: Tinned Copper Braid Shield
- Diameter: 0.136 in.
- Jacket: PVC (contaminating) Type I per MIL-C-17
- Jacket Color: Black
- Nominal OD: 0.196 in.
RG58 Coax Cable Ratings:
- Max Temperature: 60°C
- Max Operating Voltage (RMS): 30
- Conductor Resistance (ohms/Kft): 10.5
- Impedance (ohms): 53.5
- Capacitance (pF/ft): 29
- Velocity of Propagation (%): 66
RG58 Coax Cable Approvals:
- Military Specification: MIL-C-17 (M17/28-RG58)
- UL: CL2, AWM 1354
- Flame Rating: UL 1581 Vertical Tray Flame Test
- Applicable NEC Article: 725 & 820
RG58 Attenuation Chart:
|Frequency (MHz)||Attenuation (db per 100 feet)|