What types of Specialty Coaxial Cable do Allied Wire and Cable offer?
Allied Wire and Cable offers many types of specialty coax cables, including LMR coaxial cables, high-temperature coax, high voltage coax, strip braid cables, spiral strip coax cables, spiral flex cables, and TCOM Low Loss Passive Intermod Coax.
Does Allied Wire and Cable distribute Specialty Coaxial Cables from brand name manufacturers?
Yes, Allied Wire and Cable offers a variety of specialty coaxial cables from the following companies:
- Harbour Industries (Low Loss Coaxial Cable, Spiral Flex Cable, Strip Braid Cable, Spiral Strip Cable)
- Times Microwave (LMR Coaxial Cable, TCOM Low Loss Passive Intermod Coax)
- Rowe Industries (High Voltage Coaxial Cable, High-Temperature Coaxial Cable)
What makes a Coaxial Cable specialty and not standard?
Specialty coaxial cables have characteristics not seen in standard coaxial cables. They use different construction and/or materials and may have extreme temperature ranges required for certain demanding applications.
Why choose a Specialty Coaxial Cable Over a MIL-Spec Coaxial Cable?
MIL-Spec cables are designed to meet military standards and are rugged cables, which may not be the best fit for certain applications. For example, many specialty coaxial cables manufactured by Harbour Industries offer lower attenuation, smaller size, lighter weight, better shielding effectiveness, and better flexibility than similar MIL-spec cables.
What kinds of applications use Specialty Coaxial Cables?
A wide range of applications uses specialty coax cables. However, individual cables are often used for specific applications.
- High Voltage Coaxial Cable: These cables are often used in accelerators, lasers, instrumentation, radar, X-rays, and ECN systems.
- Harbour Specialty Cables and Low Loss Coaxial Cable: Harbour Industries’ low loss coax, strip braid coax, spiral flex coax, and spiral strip coax cables were specially designed for the radio frequency (RF) and microwave markets.
- LMR Coaxial Cables: Different LMR coaxial cables are designed for indoor, outdoor, riser, plenum, and video applications.
- TCOM Low Loss Passive Intermod Coax: These flexible cables are used in a variety of indoor and outdoor applications and are known for their long lifespan.