CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Save time submitting RFQ and custom cable designs
We can answer our most frequently asked questions
Who is Badger Wire?
Badger Wire is a manufacturer of appliance wire, battery cable, booster cable, machine tool wire, and trailer cable.
Is Allied Wire and Cable a Badger Wire Authorized Distributor?
Yes! An Authorized Distributor is a stocking distributor designated by Badger Wire as one of the approved outlets for their products. AWC keeps a large inventory of Badger Wire products and can offer competitive pricing on products such as battery cable, MTW wire, and appliance wire.
What products does Badger Wire manufacture?
- Battery Cables— These cables are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of automotive environments (both recreational and commercial) while serving various industries. Battery cables include SGT, SGX, and STX wire, and are available with the following features:
- Solid or flexible stranding
- Bare or Tinned Copper conductors
- PVC or TPE insulation
- S.A.E. requirements (J1127 & J1128)
- UL 2726 Battery Cable— These PVC cables are used specifically for industrial trucks and are rated to 150 volts and 105°C. They range in size from 6 AWG to 4/0. The UL 2726 standard also covers the following applications:
- Internal Combustion Engine powered (BLW-IC)
- UL 558
- Electric Battery Powered Industrial Trucks (BLW-BP) UL 583
- Booster Cable - This cable is available with a solid or flexible stranded conductor, TPE (105°C) or PVC (80°C and 105°C) insulation, and a double “D” configuration or a common figure-eight construction.
- Trailer Cable - Badger Wire's trailer cable ranges from 2 conductors to 18 conductors, including duplex constructions. Features of this cable include:
- Can be used for automotive trailers, trucks, or applications that need good resistance to weather, oil, and grease.
- Flat or round multi-conductors in tinned or bare copper.
- Their green cable can be flexible or standard per S.A.E. standards.
- Welding Cables— Badger Wire's alternative to standard welding cable is insulated with Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) rated to 105° C. Features of this TPE welding cable include:
- Useable in all welding wire applications.
- Added oil resistance, abrasion resistance, and flexibility.
- Available with stranded stranding or flexible stranding.
- Money-saving alternative to regular welding wire.
- Appliance Wire and MTW Wire&mdash These cables are UL 1283, UL 1232, UL 1346, UL 10269, and BC-5W2 Boat Cable approved.
- Boat Cable— This flat multi-conductor cable features tinned copper conductors, meets BC-5W2 for boat cable per (UL 1426), and is used for marine wire and brake cable applications.
What Badger Wire products do Allied Wire and Cable stock?
What should I do if I can't find a Badger Wire Product in AWC's catalog?
Call one of our experienced sales reps at 800-828-9473. They can help you find a Badger Wire product or give you a quote!
To learn more about Badger Wire, visit their website.